Visitors to this site know about the Rackheath Programme Board. It was set up by the District Council with representatives from the Local Community. However the residents had little input to the way in which the Council progressed development because they have never had a voice. They have been lectured to rigourously by Council Officers and used as a channel for transmitting the Council's message but it has never constituted a partnership.
The Minutes from the latest Broadland Community Partnership Board were reported to the Council on 22 March yet even here there was only a noting of the report. So who are they and how do they represent the Community, well....
The following organisations make up the Broadland Community Partnership Board:
- Broadland Business Forum Ms C Williams
- Broadland District Council Mr S Woodbridge / Mr C Bland /Ms L Mowl
- Broads Authority Ms A Long
- Norfolk Primary Care Trust Mr J Cook NHS
- Environment Agency Mr S Perkin
- Learning and Skills Council Mr D Cossey 14-19 Partnership
- Norfolk Constabulary Ch Inspector N Baily
- Norfolk County Council Mr H Bodmer / Mrs J Chamberlin
- Norfolk Association of Local Councils Mr J Sadler
- Norfolk Police Authority Mr P Hardy
- Norfolk Rural Community Council Mr J Clemo
- Voluntary Norfolk Mr B Horner
- Wherry Housing Association Mr M Jones (Circle Anglia)
- Faith Communities Broadland Rev Lorna Allies
You might look in vain for anyone who is not an official of some sort. Even the Councillors are only represented by officials. If this is what passes for Community involvement the Government are completely ignorant of what is happening locally.
You would also be forgiven if you were unable to determine its purpose. It seems to search for ways to pay grants on mindless projects. You would not think we were in an era of stringency. More jobs to keep council employees from redundancy?
In case you think this is open Government just look for the agenda and minutes of these meetings on Broadland District Council's website. You will not find them except in other reports !